After spending the last few 4th of Julys out of the country, I've come to realize how important 4th of July is in Surf City, USA. It's the biggest holiday the entire city celebrates. The entire span of PCH shuts down in the morning and people from all over come to our town to watch our parade, chill at the beach, catch the fireworks, but most of all, enjoy our atmosphere.
2013 | Saigon, Vietnam
A typical 4th of July
- waking up to music in the distance
- eating a light homemade breakfast
- walking out to Pacific Coast Highway
- finding a spot to sit and watch the parade
- eating hotdogs and street snacks at the flea market
- coming home to a pool party and BBQ
- taking a nap
- walking out to the beach to watch fireworks
- playing with fireworks
For me, 4th of July is all about being with the best company and making the most out of the day. It's about being festive yet comfortable, playful and spirited. On days with lots of adventuring, it's best to go with something simple. I wore a pair of loose boyfriend jeans with a tight halter crop top. Because the jeans are quite oversized, you want to make sure that your top is fitted! Getting into the Independence Day mood, I went with the classic red chucks and an American flag printed scarf that can also be worn as a headband or used as a blanket!
Happy 4th of July! Let me know what you guys are planning to wear in the comments below~